European Union programmes
Your local/regional authority is looking for financial support for a project with a European dimension in the field of gender equality? You can apply for a European Union grant by replying to calls for proposals published on the European Commission website. DG Justice and Consumers issues calls for proposals under two programmes:
Previous Programmes 2007-2013
The Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme replaced three earlier funding programmes which expired in 2013:
- Fundamental Rights and Citizenship Programme
- Daphne III Programme
- Progress Programme: Anti-discrimination and Gender Equality strands
European Social Fund (ESF)
The ESF supports activities in the Member States that promote women’s employment, including projects that:
- Promote women’s access to, and participation in, all levels of the labour market and help close pay gaps and support women’s financial independence;
- Promote women entrepreneurs and women’s participation in science and technology, in particular in decision-making positions;
- Combat gender stereotypes in career selection and the professions, and promote lifelong learning; and
- Reconcile work and family life and offer support for childcare facilities and carers of dependants. Support the integration migrant women into the labour market.
More information: http://ec.europa.eu/esf/home.jsp?langId=en
European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE)
EIGE regularly publishes calls for tenders and expressions of interest on their website.