Twinning and international co-operation
1. The Signatory recognizes the value of twinning and of European and international co-operation by local and regional governments, in bringing citizens closer together, and in promoting mutual learning and understanding across national frontiers.
2. The Signatory commits itself, in its activities in the fields of twinning and European and international co-operation:
- to involve women and men, from different backgrounds, on an equal basis in these activities
- to use its twinning relationships and European and international partnerships as a platform for exchange of experience and mutual learning on issues relating to equality of women and men
- to integrate a gender equality dimension into its decentralised co-operation actions.